1. Trying to Be Perfect Being a perfectionist on social media will slow you down and drive you crazy. Each day you wait to dive in is a missed opportunity to make a sale or a connection. Everyone sucks in the beginning. Everyone. The more you practice, the better you will become.
2. Comparing Yourself To Others The first time you picked up a paintbrush, were you comparing yourself to Picasso? I hope not. Constantly comparing your achievements to someone else’s will always keep you in their shadow. Stay focused on your own work. If this means you need to unfollow someone who you keep comparing yourself to, then so be it.
3. Waiting For People To Come To You It is imperative that you take a pro-active approach to social media. Just because you are there doesn’t mean people know how to find you. Spend some time each day reaching out to your target market. If you don’t know who your target market is or how to find them, then save yourself some time and call me.
4. Taking It Personally Just because someone unfollows you does NOT mean they hate your guts. As your following on social media grows, so will the amount of people who unfollow you. There are a million reasons why someone may unfollow you, so don’t waste your time trying to figure out why. Focus on the people who ARE interested in your work.
5. Obsessing About Numbers I’m not gonna lie, I believe numbers matter. However, your primary focus should be on people, not numbers. It is easy to build a huge following of random people who will never buy anything from you. Growing a following of ideal customers takes time, patience, and creativity.
If you are tired of trying to figure out where your target market is on social media and of waiting for them to come to you, talk to me. In one hour I will change everything you think you know about social media and help you develop a strategy that will work for YOUR creative biz. Oh, and we will do all of this in one hour. Click here to find out exactly what a One On One Session entails. Talk to you soon!